Saturday, February 27, 2010

Day 11: Birthday Dinner & Time

Today was a pretty straightforward day of giving. First, Amber and I went through her mother's neighborhood looking for more people who would be willing to help out with the formation of a community garden. (Really, one of these days Amber will post explaining this in greater detail. I promise.) We had some nice responses, including one fine gentleman who's friends with the mayor and said he might be able to help us at least get a funding request through to him, though he obviously can't guarantee us actually getting any funding.

Then this evening, a friend had a birthday dinner at a fairly pricey sushi bar/buffet. She did not, however, want any gifts, although she did say that she'd accept cash gifts which she'd donate to charity. Everyone thought she was kidding, implying that she herself was the charity, but in fact she is collecting for our very oven Heifer International team goal.

Anyway, Amber and I attended the dinner. We picked up the tab for our friend and her daughter and mother, along with a generous tip.

Tomorrow I will not be blogging on here, because Elijah informed me today that I work every day. While this is true, it's also true that I play every day, so I don't see this as a problem. Still, I have decided that I'll not worry about blogging tomorrow, so that I can give my full attention to my family. That's a worthwhile bit of giving on Day 12, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment