Sunday, March 7, 2010

Day 19: Patron of the Arts

Today, while waiting for an oil change at Sears, I wandered through the Mounds Mall in Anderson, only to discover that local teenage artists were having an exhibition of their work. There were clay sculptures, drawings, paintings, and photographs. It occurred to me that during the 40 Days of Giving, I could devote at least a bit of this toward becoming a patron of the arts ... by giving some of the money to young artists.

There were specifically two of the artists whose pieces stood out to me. I went to the organizers, letting know that I was interested in potentially purchasing the artwork. I provided my contact info, and then left and called Amber to let her know my idea. She made the very valid observation that handing checks over to high school students is probably not a good idea ... but maybe they need gift cards to an art supply store, or perhaps could use some help in the admission fee for an art school or summer art program.

Hopefully, they'll contact us and we'll be able to find out how we can help.

No comments:

Post a Comment